COVID-19 General Resources
- What You Need to Know About COVID -19 in Florida (Florida Health)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information – (CDC)
- Map: Coronavirus and School Closures (Education Week)
- Weathering the Storm – Headspace Meditation App
Resources for Parents
- Tips for Families: Coronavirus (zerotothree.org)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): How to Talk to Your Child (kidshealth.org)
- Managing Stress and Anxiety When Navigating a Health Crisis (CDC)
- Talking to Children about COVID-19 (National Association of School Psychologists)
- Talking to Children about COVID-19 (NASP/NSNA Fact Sheet) (National Association of School Psychologists)
- How to Talk to Children about Coronavirus (PBS Kids)
- How You and Your Children Can De-stress During Coronavirus (PBS Kids)
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope with the Coronavirus (National Child Traumatic Stress Network)
- 5 Tips for Managing Coronavirus Anxiety in Kids (Explorations V)
- At-Home Learning Activities and Resources (JumpStart)
- Resource List from the Department of Education (DOE)
Free Learning Websites for Children
- Footsteps to Brilliance – Footsteps2Brilliance is offering complimentary access to our full program to ALL families of children 0-8 years old for 90 days. This includes comprehensive digital preschool through 2nd grade curriculum in both English and Spanish; leverages the smartphones, tablets, and computers your parents already own, can be used on any device and any platform. Can be used both online and, Once downloaded the program if fully accessible without WIFI or cell service.
- The San Diego Zoo has a website just for kids with amazing videos, activities, and games. Enjoy the tour!
- Tour Yellowstone National Park!
- Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover.
- Indoor Activities for busy toddlers
- Travel to Paris, France to see amazing works of art at The Louvre with this virtual field trip.
- ABC YA– Practice math and reading skills all while playing games.
- Fun Brain – Play games while practicing math and reading skills.
- Nat Geo for Kids– Learn all about geography and fascinating animals.
- PBS Kids – Hang out with your favorite characters all while learning.
- Star Fall – Practice your phonics skills with these read-along stories.
- Storyline Online – Have some of your favorite stories read to you by movie stars!
- Switcheroo Zoo – Watch, listen and play games to learn all about amazing animals!
- Highlight Kids – Read, play games and conduct cool science experiments!
- Into the Book – Go “into the book” to play games that practice reading strategies!
- Suessville – Read, play games and hang out with Dr. Seuss and his friend.
Food Access & Nutrition
- Find Your Local Food Bank (Feeding America)
- Emergency Grant Request – for school districts and nonprofit organizations to support food access for children and families affected by school closures. (No Kid Hungry)
- MyPlate Kids Place – Games, Activity Sheets, Videos and Songs (USDA)
- MyPlate Snack Tips for Parents(USDA)
- Protect Your Health with Immune-Boosting Nutrition (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics)
- NutriStudents K-12 Free COVID-19 Emergency Menu for Schools
- Nutrition Games, Printables and More by Nourish Interactive
- CATCH Health at Home Nutrition Education Resources for Parents
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act – Congress recently passed a bill that responds to the coronavirus outbreak by providing paid sick leave and free coronavirus testing, expanding food assistance and unemployment benefits, and requiring employers to provide additional protections for health care workers.
- Polk County Schools Information Updates
- MemorialDOCNow Free Virtual Visit – MemorialDOCNow lets you visit a doctor from the comfort of home for $0/visit through March 31, 2020 for Coronavirus (COVID-19) inquiries. Use coupon code: MEMORIALCARES.
- 2-1-1 Resource Hotline – (United Way of Central Florida)
- Aunt Bertha – (Search for free or reduced cost services like medical care, food, job training, and more.)
- Step Up for Students – COVID-19 Helpful Links
- According to South Florida Business & Wealth, companies like Amazon and Publix are quickly hiring to deal with changing business decisions. Check out your local grocery stores and local essential businesses to inquire about additional job openings.
- The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity also provides information on their Reemployment Assistance Service Center webpage such as temporary wage replacement benefits, job assistance and more.
- Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan – Governor Ron DeSantis activated the Florida Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program to support small businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- Business Damage Assessment Survey – The State of Florida has activated the Business Damage Assessment Survey to assess the impact of COVID-19 on Florida’s local business operations so actions to implement appropriate relief programs can begin.
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity’s Short Time Compensation program for Employers – this program helps employers retain their workforce in times of temporary slowdown by encouraging work sharing as an alternative to layoff.
- U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance in Response to Coronavirus – The SBA provides low-interest disaster loans to help businesses and homeowners recover from declared disasters.
- Price Gouging Hotline – Price gouging can be reported by calling 1(866) 9NO-SCAM or by visiting MyFloridaLegal.com. For tips on reporting price gouging, click here.
- Coronavirus Tax Relief – The IRS has established a special section focused on steps to help taxpayers, businesses and others affected by the coronavirus.
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Florida Atlantic University (FAU). At FAU, the SBDC Team is working to support our businesses to overcome the impact of COVID-19. Please use this link to request consulting from the Small Business Development Center at FAU.
- Winter Haven Chamber of Commerce is offering a list of resources for the community as well.
- Facebook also announced a $100 million program to help small businesses.
- Check out some additional resources from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.